**CORONAVIRUS UPDATE** March 2021
We want you to know that Fareham Creek is open and able to see you and your pets during these challenging times - our team is ready and available for when you need us.
It has become clear that we will need to live with the threat of coronavirus for some time to come and therefore as a practice we will need to do things differently for a while, to protect staff and ensure that as a practice, we can remain open and available to see to your pets at all times. We are operating in line with current guidelines issued by the government and our professional bodies and remain open for you and your pets. Please read and note the following;
- Clients are currently unable to enter the practice.
- If you are visiting the practice, please let us know in advance if you or a member of your household is unwell or self isolating.
- When you arrive at the practice please press the intercom at the front door to let us know you have arrived for your appointment or for collection of medication.
- For pet consultations, we have a shelter at the rear of the practice with an intercom and you can watch as we examine and deliver a treatment plan for your pet. Sometimes we will come outside to chat to you.
- Social distancing will be required at all times when communicating with staff and with other clients in the car park.
- We would ask that you disinfect your hands regularly before your visit and during if possible and wear a mask where possible.
- We would encourage you to call in advance if you need to pick up medication/flea and worming product. Our website has a number of quick and easy forms that can be filled out for messages, medication and appointment requests. We are of course happy to take telephone calls but to enable us to free up the phone lines, please consider the following;
- Repeat prescriptions can be ordered here
- Flea and worming products can be ordered here
- Appointment requests can also be made here
- We are able to vaccinate all pets though there may still be a short wait before we can see you. Please be assured a short wait will not be detrimental to your pet's health.
- Nurse clinics will unfortunately not be available for the time being e.g. nail trims, anal glands, weight clinics.
- We are currently able to do all routine operations and procedures but there may occasionally be a short wait. Urgent cases will always take priority.
- Where possible we will try to treat patients remotely via phone or Skype/Zoom/Messenger consultations - cases that might be suitable for remote consulting are follow up checks, consultations for pets on long term medication, skin, mild lameness, lumps, mild eye conditions etc. This can be useful where clients are unable to visit us. However, many illnesses require a physical examination by a vet and therefore remote consulting will not always be appropriate.
- Payments are now able to be taken with a portable handheld card machine as well as over the phone as needed.
Please stay safe and well.
The Team at Fareham Creek Vets