Here are just a few things we are doing at Fareham Creek to reduce our impact on the environment.
- Separating out and recycling of all paper, cardboard, plastics, metal, glass and polythene.
- Solar panels which generate over 3000kWh per annum which goes some way to reducing our electricity usage. Any excess electricity generated goes back into the National Grid.
- Only printing off documents if necessary otherwise all documents, emails, faxes and reports are saved directly onto computer records.
- Disposal of all chemicals and hazardous waste safely and in line with current regulations.
- Use of equipment that minimises the use of volatile anaesthetic gases.
- Encourage clients to return used and out of date medicines and packaging for safe disposal.
- Any non-essential electrical items are turned off when not in use.
- Low energy lighting is used throughout the practice.